EPFO has announced the notification for the posts of stenographer. Candidates can read or download EPFO Stenographer Syllabus from here. You need to read complete syllabus before starting your preparation for the exam.
|Post Name||EPFO Stenographer|
|Exam Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|No. of Posts||185|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based)|
|Exam Type||Objective with Multiple Choice Questions|
|Complete Notification||Download Now|
EPFO Stenographer Exam Pattern and Syllabus
|General Awareness with Computer Science||50||200|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||400|
|Exam Duration||130 Minutes|
- Each question shall have 4 marks each.
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only. The questions will be set both in English and Hindi except Part-ll i.e. English Language and Comprehension.
- The marks obtained in Phase -I will be considered for final selection on merit.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
- Total marks 800.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-ll in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase-1.
- If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated following standard practice to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions.
Phase II Examination
Skill Test in Stenography:
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Phase-l Examination will be required to appear in the Skill
Test for Stenography. Time allotted is as under:
Dictation: Ten minutes at the rate of eighty words per minute. (Dictation will be computer based)
Transcription: Fifty minutes (English) / Sixty-five minutes (Hindi). (Only on computer)
NOTE:- Skill Test in Stenography will be qualifying in nature. Marks obtained will not be reckoned for merit ranking.
EPFO Stenographer Detailed Syllabus
General Aptitude & Awareness
- Environmental Issues,
- Famous Days & Dates,
- General Science,
- Indian Politics,
- Famous Places in India,
- Indian History,
- Countries and Capitals,
- Inventions and Discoveries,
- Lakes and Seas,
- Indian Economy,
- Indian Parliament,
- Current Affairs, / general awareness
- Famous Books & Authors,
- Biology, etc
English Language and Comprehension
- Parts of Speech
- Common Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Direct and Indirect Narration
- Active and Passive Voice
- Reading Comprehension