IGNOU B.Ed students can read IGNOU B.Ed Course Syllabus from here.
School of Education
The functions of the School of Education are within the broad framework of the objectives of IGNOU, i.e., to undertake academic activities pertaining to two major areas: the various aspects of the practice of education as a profession, and the various branches of education as an academic discipline.
The B.Ed. programme will focus on:
- developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society, appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings,
- creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching-learning process,
- developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
- identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.,
- enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
- developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning,
- engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas,
- enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management,
- systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
- providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in upper primary/ secondary/senior secondary schools.
The programme is a judicious mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate student-teachers in acquiring skills and competencies necessary for teaching-learning at secondary/senior secondary level.
|Core Course||16 Credits|
|Content Based Methodology (two)||08 Credits|
|Workshop – I||04 Credits|
|EPC I and II||04 Credits|
|Internship – I (4 Weeks)||04 Credits|
|Core Course||12 credits|
|Optional course||04 Credits|
|Workshop – II||04 Credits|
|EPC III and IV||04 Credits|
|Internship II (16 Weeks)||12 Credits|
This is IGNOU BEd course Syllabus.