Last updated on March 7th, 2023 at 04:23 pm
IoT Syllabus can be read or downloaded here. The Internet of Things Syllabus is divided into various courses and exams. The syllabus helps students understand the subject area for study.
IoT’s full form is the Internet of Things. We have provided all the details related IoT Syllabus for B.Tech, NPTEL, IIT, VIT, VTU, and O’ Level. IoT Syllabus PDF can be downloaded from the given links below.
What is IoT (Internet of Things)
IoT’s Full form is the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is commonly related to the networks of physical objects. These objects are embedded with software, sensors, and other technology. IoT helps in data exchange among physical objects over the internet. IoT technology is similarly pertaining to the concept of smart-home, appliances, smart speakers, smartphones, healthcare systems, security systems, etc.
NIELIT IoT Syllabus (O’ Level IoT Syllabus)
NIELIT offers short-term courses related digital or internet world. These are short-term certificate courses. NIELIT provides facilities to earn a Certificate course in the Internet of Things using Arduino.
This course focuses on hands-on IoT concepts such as sensing, actuation, and communication. It covers the development of the Internet of Things (IoT). The Internet of Things (IoT) is the next wave, the world will witness. Connected devices and a connected future is the next era.
Detailed Course Syllabus:
Introduction to IOT
- Understanding IoT fundamentals
- IOT Architecture and protocols
- Various Platforms for IoT
- Real-time Examples of IoT
- Overview of IoT components and IoT Communication Technologies
- Challenges in IoT
2. Arduino Simulation Environment
- Arduino Uno Architecture
- Setup the IDE, Writing Arduino Software
- Arduino Libraries
- Basics of Embedded C programming for Arduino
- Interfacing LED, push-button and buzzer with Arduino
- Interfacing Arduino with LCD
3. Sensor & Actuators with Arduino
- Overview of Sensors working
- Analog and Digital Sensors
- Interfacing of Temperature, Humidity, Motion, Light and Gas Sensor with Arduino
- Interfacing of Actuators with Arduino.
- Interfacing of Relay Switch and Servo Motor with Arduino
4. Basic Networking with ESP8266 WiFi module
- Basics of Wireless Networking
- Introduction to ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module
- Various Wi-Fi library
- Web server- introduction, installation, configuration
- Posting sensor(s) data to web server
5. IoT Protocols
- M2M vs. IOT
- Communication Protocols
6. Cloud Platforms for IOT
- Virtualization concepts and Cloud Architecture
- Cloud computing, benefits
- Cloud services — SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Cloud providers & offerings
- Study of IOT Cloud platforms
- ThingSpeak API and MQTT
- Interfacing ESP8266 with Web services
Those students who are studying for O’ Level Courses can read or download the NIELIT IoT Syllabus (O Level IoT Syllabus)
NPTEL IoT Syllabus
NPTEL Full Form is NATIONAL PROGRAMME ON TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LEARNING (FOR ENGINEERING). NPTEL is a platform that offers online courses through SWAYAM. It is the initiative of Govt. of India.
INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET OF THINGS
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
TYPE OF COURSE: Rerun Elective UG
COURSE DURATION: 12 weeks
PRE-REQUISITES: Basic programming knowledge
INTENDED AUDIENCE: CSE, IT, ECE, EE, Instrumentation Engg, Industrial Engineering
COURSE OUTLINE :
Internet of Things (IoT) is presently a hot technology worldwide. Government, academia, and industry are involved in different aspects of research, implementation, and business with loT. IoT cuts across different application domain verticals ranging from civilian to defense sectors. These domains include agriculture, space, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, water, and mining, which are presently transitioning their legacy infrastructure to support a lot. Today it is possible to envision pervasive connectivity, storage, and computation, which, in turn, gives rise to building different lot solutions. IoT-based applications such as innovative shopping systems, infrastructure management in both urban and rural areas, remote health monitoring and emergency notification systems, and transportation systems, are gradually relying on IoT-based systems. Therefore, it is very important to learn the fundamentals of this emerging technology.
ABOUT INSTRUCTOR :
Prof. Sudip Misra is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Prior to this he was associated with Cornell University (USA), Yale University (USA), Nortel Networks (Canada) and the Government of Ontario (Canada). He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Carleton University, in Ottawa, Canada. He has several years of experience working in academia, government, and the private sectors in research, teaching, consulting project management, architecture, software design, and product engineering roles. His current research interests include Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Computer Networks, Learning Systems, and algorithm design for emerging communication networks. Dr. Misra is the author of over 260 scholarly research papers, including 140+ reputed journal papers. He has won seven research paper awards in different conferences.
Week 1: Introduction to IoT: Part I, Part II, Sensing, Actuation, Basics of Networking: Part-1
Week 2: Basics of Networking: Part-II, Part III, Part IV, Communication Protocols: Part I, Part II
Week 3: Communication Protocols: Part III, Part IV, Part V, Sensor Networks: Part I, Part II
Week 4: Sensor Networks: Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Machine-to-Machine Communications
Week 5: Interoperability in IoT, Introduction to Arduino Programming: Part I, Part II, Integration of Sensors and Actuators with Arduino: Part I, Part II
Week 6: Introduction to Python programming, Introduction to Raspberry Pi, Implementation of IoT with Raspberry Pi
Week 7: Implementation of IoT with Raspberry Pi (contd), Introduction to SDN, SDN for lot
Week 8: SDN for loT (contd), Data Handling and Analytics, Cloud Computing
Week 9: Cloud Computing(contd), Sensor-Cloud
Week 10: Fog Computing, Smart Cities and Smart Homes
Week 11: Connected Vehicles, Smart Grid, Industrial lot
Week 12: Industrial IoT (contd), Case Study: Agriculture, Healthcare, Activity Monitoring
B.Tech IoT Syllabus
Amrita University IoT Syllabus
Syllabus for IoT
1) The Internet of Things (IoT) is a course about the new paradigm of objects interacting with people, information systems, and with other objects. The course will focus on creative thinking and on hands-on project development.
2) The duration of the course is 30 hours. Will be a mix of 75 minutes session and 2 hours session. The lab will be for 5 hours.
3) Introduction: The students will learn:
a) IOT concepts
b) IOT Standards
c) Components of IoT System.
d) Relevance of IoT for the future.
e) IoT Applications.
f) IoT for smart cities ( Case study Smart city Barcelona)
g) IOT in Indian Scenario
h) Challenges in IoT implementation.
4) This subject does not have the intention of being a comprehensive course about the technologies involved in IoT. The focus will be more on the possibilities offered by the different technologies, and on the creative thinking techniques to find innovative applications of combinations of such technologies in real-life scenarios. Some presentations will also be scheduled in which people from the industry will make presentations about selected topics related to the lot.
(5) Prerequisites of the subject: The students will be required to participate actively in creative thinking exercises. IoT is futuristic and will require students to understand other technologies and current uses where IoT can be integrated to make a quantum jump in the efficiencies in the application. A willingness to be creative and participate in open discussions is a must.
(6) Lab Requirements: For the lab project the students will have to be able to develop a simple IoT application. The total lab time will be 10 hours.
(7) Syllabus in Detail
(a) IOT concepts
(i) Technologies that led to the evolution of IoT
(ii) IOT and SCADA
(iii) IOT and M2M
(iv) IoT and Big Data
(b) IOT Standards
(i) Requirement of international standard ( case study)
(ii) IOT standards in practice.
(iii) Operating platforms /systems
(c) Components of IoT System. (Lab)
(i) Design of IoT systems
(ii) Development of prototypes.
(d) Relevance of IoT for the future.
(i) IOT in everyday life
(ii) Internet of Everything
(iii) IOT and Individual Privacy
(e) IoT Applications.
(i) Lighting as a service ( case study)
(ii) Intelligent Traffic systems (case study)
(iii) Smart Parking (case study)
(iv) Smart water management (case study)
(f) IoT for smart cities (Case study Smart city Barcelona)
(g) IOT in Indian Scenario
(i) IOT and Aadhaar
(ii) IOT for health services.
(iii) IOT for financial inclusion.
(iv) IOT for rural empowerment.
(h) Challenges in IoT implementation.
(i) Big Data Management.
(ii) Connectivity challenges.
(iii) Mission-critical applications.
Amity University B.Tech IoT Syllabus
Amity University B.Tech IoT Syllabus can be downloaded here. This syllabus is divided in different semesters.
Different Universities IoT Syllabus and Course pattern
B.Tech, M.Tech, O Level, VIT, VTU, IIT, NIT IoT Syllabus can be downloaded here.
Read Also – CCC Course Syllabus