Last updated on January 16th, 2023 at 10:21 am
KVS TGT Maths Syllabus
KVS TGT Maths Syllabus can be downloaded here. Here, we have provided complete syllabus and pattern of Kendreeya Vidyalaya TGT Maths Syllabus.
Scheme of Exam for Direct Recruitment of Trained Graduate Teacher:
The written test is of 180 marks (180 objective type multiple choice questions) carrying 01 mark for each question.
The duration of written test will be 180 minutes (03:00 Hours) without any time limit for each part individually.
Section Name -Nature of Questions
Part I – Proficiency in Languages (20 marks):
- General English-10 questions
- General Hindi- 10 questions
Part II – General awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers (20 marks)
- General Awareness & Current Affairs (10 Ques.)
- Reasoning Ability (5 Ques.)
- Computer Literacy (5 Ques.)
Part-III: Perspectives on Education and Leadership (40 questions)
(a) Understanding the Learner-(15 Questions)
(b) Understanding Teaching Learning -(15 Questions)
(c) Creating Conducive Learning Environment and
(d) School Organization and Leadership- (10 Questions – C,D & E)
(e) Perspectives in Education
Part IV – Subject-specific Syllabus (100 marks) – Refer Annexure
Professional Competency Test:
The Professional Competency Test is of 60 marks (Demo Teaching -30 marks and Interview -30Marks).
The weightage of Written Test & Professional Competency (Demo Teaching:15 and Interview:15) will be 70:30 Final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidate in Written Test & Professional Competency Test taken together.
Scheme & Syllabus of Exam for Direct Recruitment of PGTs:
Part I – Proficiency in Languages (20 marks):
(a) General English (10 Questions)
Reading comprehension, word power, Grammar & usage
(b) General Hindi (10 Questions)
पठन कौशल, शब्द सामर्थ्य, व्याकरण एवं प्रयुक्ति
Part II – General awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers (20 marks):
(g) General Awareness& Current Affairs (10 Questions)
(h) Reasoning Ability (5 Questions)
(i) Computer Literacy (5 Questions)
Part III -Perspectives on Education and Leadership (40 marks):
(A) Understanding the Learner (15 questions)
- Concept of growth, maturation and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks and challenges
- Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral etc., deviations in development and its implications.
- Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
- Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity.
(B) Understanding Teaching Learning (15 Questions)
Theoretical perspectives on Learning -Behaviorism, Cognitivism and Constructivism with special reference to their implications for:
- The role of teacher
- The role of learner
- Nature of teacher-student relationship
- Choice of teaching methods
- Classroom environment
- Understanding of discipline, power etc.
Factors affecting learning and their implications for:
- Designing classroom instructions,
- Planning student activities and,
- Creating learning spaces in school.
Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning
- Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum, Principles of curriculum organization
- Competency based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
- Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan
- Instructional material and resources
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for teaching-learning
- Evaluation: Purpose, types and limitations. Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Characteristics of a good tool.
- Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning, purpose and considerations in planning each.
Enhancing Teaching Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback, Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching
C.) Creating Conducive Learning Environment (04 questions)
- The concepts of Diversity, disability and Inclusion, implications of disability as social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions
- Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive and promotive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counselling.
- Developing School and community as a learning resource.
(D) School Organization and Leadership (04 questions)
- Leader as reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach and mentor.
- Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative
- Vision building, goal setting and creating a School development Plan
- Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, time-tabling, parent teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums, using achievement data for improving teaching -learning, School Self Assessment an Improvement
(E) Perspectives in Education (02 questions)
- NEP-2020: Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency based learning and Education.
- Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009,
- Creating partnerships with community, industry and other neighbouring schools and Higher Education Institutes-forming learning communities Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school education;
- School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages, Pedagogy and Assessment
Part IV – Subject-specific Syllabus (100 marks):
The Professional Competency Test (Demo Teaching and Interview), is of 60 marks. The weightage of Written Test & Professional Competency Test (Demo Teaching and Interview) will be in the ratio of 70:30.
Final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidate in Written Test, Professional Competency Test taken together.
KVS Maths TGT Syllabus in Detail
Syllabus for for the post of TGT (MATHS.).
Reference Books: Text Books published by NCERT for classes VI-X
Candidates can download syllabus PDF from here. – Click Here